Scheduler – Vancouver and beyond
Date: Aug 4, 2017
Location: Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
Bedrock-Service is a well-respected project services firm. The employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects around the world. Bedrock-Service offers project delivery services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, building and mining.
We work on projects all around the world, in large cities and small towns, so our people must be willing to go where the work is. Work assignment locations will be determined closer to your start date. Must be able to travel and potentially relocate anywhere in the country, as frequently as business needs require.
Bedrock-Service’s Western Canada District is headquartered in Vancouver BC. We primarily support heavy civil projects specializing in earth moving, water treatment facilities, transportation, roadways, mines and processing facilities while developing project professionals who will lead the company into the future.
As a Project Scheduler in our Vancouver BC office and will support projects throughout North America, building out project/construction schedules for all types of infrastructure work across the region.
• Prepare standard progress reports for each assigned project
• Read and interpret construction drawings and job specifications
• Confirm project status; identify and report on variations in the schedule in a timely manner
• Coordinate the development, maintenance, and review of department project and schedules
• Upload original and updated budgets to reflect current status
• Maintain careful documentation of all schedule submittals so that any requests for time adjustments can be measured against the approved schedule in place at the time of impact is claimed
• Track the contract document requirements for schedule adherence, as well as change orders and contract amendments
• Interpret performance curve data and forecast productivity; provide manpower information for forecasting
• Assist in bid schedule creation per client requirements
• Interface with clients, owners and representatives
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Management or related field
• 5-10 years of experience actively running a project schedule for large scale projects utilizing Primavera 6 is required
• Strong attention to detail; ability to recognize discrepancies
• Proficient computer knowledge including Microsoft Suite and Primavera 6
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong work ethic with the ability to work individually and as a team
• Committed to working safe and getting the job done right the first time
• Ability to travel and relocate is required
Bedrock-Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Please contact us to apply for this job.